News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 934
Default

I had Daniel from Income Access (Ultimate Bet) tell me that users that have Firefox installed as their browser may not show up under my trackers for Ultimate Bet (I'm guessing any Income Access site). WTF? I know nothing about Firefox but does anyone here have a fix? Anyone here have similar issues? I ran a report and see that a good bit of my traffic is using Firefox. I need to know what the deal is ASAP! It's costing me money!
__________________
All about Full Tilt Poker Pro Mike Matusow
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
PeeWee PeeWee is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 24
Default

The problem is on the users end. There is a setting in Privacy and Security. I forget the setting off the top of my head. On your end there is nothing that you can do to fix it.

If you are directing people from your site, prompt them to use IE or NEtscape when signing up. Thats the only fix I can think of.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2005, 02:58 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 908
Default

lol, are you kidding me?

Firefox is over 10% of users now & growing FAST! about 50/50 in the tech sectors!

I'm still waiting on an answer about their invalid link code, sporking my page validity...
http://www.partyriches.com/forums/in...showtopic=1412

I know my edits are technically fine, just worried about a "Sorry, can't pay ya because you modified (read fixed =) the banner code where it said..."
<!-- Affiliate Code Do NOT Modify--> <_<

This whole poker biz is stuck in the 90's, when it comes to technology & standards

as for... "prompt them to use IE or NEtscape when signing up"

meh... better dead than in bed w/M$

__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2005, 03:08 PM
AceKicker AceKicker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 187
Default

Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker is managed by Income Access. Doesn't Paradise Poker use the same affiliate software? The affiliate interface and affiliate codes look the same. I wonder if links for Paradise Poker have the same issues when using Firefox.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM
danielb danielb is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8
Default

Hi guys,

Just to clarify something, the Firefox thing doesn't have anything to do with the Income Access software. From my understanding, the issue is whether the Poker client software is able to find the affiliate code when the player creates an account. Sometimes, Firefox users have problems.

It's something that's being worked on but in the meantime, one easy way around the problem is to setup a bonus code, which I am happy to do.
__________________
Daniel

Income Access Gambling Affiliate Network
UltimateBet Affiliate Program

~~~~~~~~~

Affiliate Management Services for:
Kiwi Poker :: WPT Online :: Goal Poker :: more...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM
AceKicker AceKicker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 187
Default

Daniel,
Can we set up bonus codes for Absolute Poker too?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0