Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 533
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default Poker blog ideas

Im working on setting up my new poker blog and really am stuck on finding a niche to target. Im trying stay away from the general poker/news blog. Any ideas???
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2007, 01:10 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I love reading about other people's games. I dont bother so much with the news stuff because I am not a Hansen/Ivey follower or rail the games (although plenty do). I like reading about your everyday player who can take a hand and work it into a storyline. Upforanything.net, Badgers site and notedpokerauthority.com are a few good ones I like.

(not saying these sites are your typical player just that they come across as interesting)
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 12-20-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2007, 02:15 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 377
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Strategy is pretty hot.. poker math is something i've considered myself recently..

You might choose a specific poker game aside from NL.. Mixed games are really becoming very popular in poker rooms..

Poker staking could be fun, but specifically stake a player, make him the blogs star for a period of time.. follow him, write stories about his play.. how he does... then move onto a new player.. provide updates on the old player.. .. hold contests for the next player.. so that ppl want to join your contests and build stickyness..
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2007, 03:06 AM
JohnH's Avatar
JohnH JohnH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 209
Default

I like that idea ladyholdem... Justin, if you decide to go with that one... I volunteer to be your first player
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Articles
Heads Up Poker
Win my Nintendo Wii Just in time for Xmas!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2007, 05:00 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 377
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

I was going to volunteer... I just didn't know how many ppl would comment.. OMG SHE CALLED WITH WHAT!?!?!? before the blog ceased to be entertaining.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0