Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,397
Question //www.XXX.com or //XXX.com

Does it matter which version we use for links for SEO or spiders?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,475
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I thought that you should have a redirect in place to make sure your site is redirected to the www site only to avoid indexing of both versions of the site (duplicates). Is that what you mean
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,397
Default

When I go to my blog the non www site always shows up top, even if I type in www.

So, I was just wondering if I link with someone if I should tell them to insert www or not?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,220
Default

Keep'em consistent is the important thing.

I like root/non-www

Only downside is, if you are going to be getting any non-solicited links? People may link as www.
Not likely on a poker site though, most will be linking to articles, feeds etc & will get it right.

Seems G has this whole canonical thing worked out pretty well too as of late, much better than they used to for sure.
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 685
Default

Google has this worked out now. www. is not really needed so i would niche the www. set up a redirect so its always no www. and set google sitemap account to list as non www.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,475
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/f...354-post4.html
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2007, 01:24 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,397
Default

I changed it in wordpress to www.

Not sure if that was a good idea/bad idea/indifferent?

Any more opinions out there?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2007, 01:33 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,220
Default

go www on odd days & non-www on even days

Twice the links! lol
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 AM
nirva's Avatar
nirva nirva is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 30
Default

Personally I always go for www and rewrite urls to include it when it's not been typed in. Keeps it consistent, plus it gets me 4 extra characters in the search listings (www.)
__________________
I do rakeback, I do finance and I do myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 324
Default

I always like to have www. before the domain. Feels more 'right for me, and any site I come across without a www. infront of the domain I feel is different than normal.

Don't know if it makes a difference seo wise, although I doubt it. I just feel more comfortable with a www.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0