Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
CoolDog CoolDog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 186
Default Google PageRank Update?

Hi folks, have any of you had your PageRank updated lately? Just curious, as all my sites still have the same PR as before.

CoolDog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:12 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

wow, this hasn't been mentioned in a while.

No, my pages are all still the same.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,578
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Pagerank is no longer important and has been permently removed...no more updates...now you only have to rely on your work
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
CoolDog CoolDog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 186
Default

Apparently some sites have taken a loss with their PR due to selling links:
http://searchengineland.com/071024-093938.php

CoolDog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 398
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

The rumor is selling links (in an obvious 'sponsored links' fashion, lost each person a point that was affected. That's the only confirmable PR updates I've read about, people losing one point.

I've read lots and lots and lots of theorys on when the next PR update will be, until I got sick of the subject, I also read there was to be no more PR, but I THINK that one was disproved.

The most believable 'theory' I read was January, but I honestly don't remember why, there's a thread hundreds of pages long at DP, I've read every page, the theory is in there somewhere, I decided to quit caring, get bk to business as usual, and begin stalking the PR bar as per usual again in January
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 398
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Speak of the ... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...91#post4955790
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 947
Default

Jeremys blog is PR3 now. Isn't his blog just a few months old?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,274
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I can confirm that sites with "sponsored links" lost PR as we had one that lost a point overnight. Likewise if you search around the various webmaster forums you can see this is a pretty hot topic.

In regards to my blog, the homepage PR is a mess right now anyways cause it's split up. But it has always had PR, in fact the domain used to be a 4. It used to be a large real estate site before becoming a blog.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

Toolbar PR has little to do with the actual PR of your site anyway, and from what I understand, most of the sites that "lost PR" saw no changes in their search traffic or rankings.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Toolbar PR has little to do with the actual PR of your site anyway, and from what I understand, most of the sites that "lost PR" saw no changes in their search traffic or rankings.
That would make perfect sense for google to do, too. By reducing toolbar pr, they devalue the links perceived worth, ultimately trying to discourage link sales.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Bookmarking Service to Top 30 Social bookmark, Only $5, Fast & Quality Service imteaz Web Design Service & Coding 1 10-17-2007 10:28 AM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Social Bookmarking Service to Top 25 Social Bookmarking Sites imteaz Web Design Service & Coding 13 06-09-2007 10:22 PM
Google PR Update? pokerforfree Search Engine Optimization 0 01-02-2007 10:53 AM
Footer links available (google update is coming!) Georgia Poker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 11-19-2006 12:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0