Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default Prosper.com

I'm back to (re)building my affiliate portfolio after (foolishly) leaving the business earlier this year and selling out my stakes and positions on several sites.

So now I'm back and I'm working on building a quality, diversified, affiliate portfolio. I'm only going to do one poker site and I've got that tee'd up

However, I ran across this one and I'm actually doing a few things here:

1. I'm acting as a lender to lend to other folks and I get paid back the interest. I'm leaning towards higher risk borrowers so that I get 20%+ interest.
2. They have an affiliate program that pays up to $125.00 per borrower and $25.00 per lender. Not sure if they're going to run it beyond 2007 but it's truly innovative and to my knowledge, I've never heard anyone here talk about it.

This is my shameless plug/affiliate link if you're interested

Plenty of strong press and lots of traffic.

Any thoughts on this?
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:16 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,278
Default

Hey Georgia just getting going again myself.

Good to see ya back!

Have to take a look at your link, my daughter is in lending.

cheers
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:49 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 364
Default

Good to see you back Todd. I tried to sign up through your link but when I tried to verify my identity I noticed they only accept Americans
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkePromotions View Post
Good to see you back Todd. I tried to sign up through your link but when I tried to verify my identity I noticed they only accept Americans
That sucks

I guess due to lending laws and their ability to enforce the loan terms play a role. I tell you what though, the more I read this the more interested I become. This is truly breaking the mold among modern day lending sites.

Maybe someone should launch a Euro version of this?
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 484
Default

damn...pretty awesome concept/idea..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 163
Default

Prosper.com is a great concept and I have been watching the site with some interest for a while; I'm really curious to whether it will be able to expand into the mainstream. I think there are a lot of trust issues; but they are doing a good job managing them for now.

If you are interested in micro-lending as a charitable concept instead, check out kiva.org. It's similar to propser.com in that people join together to provide microloans, but these loans are interest free to help 3rd world aspiring entrepreneurs - its crazy looking at the things people are looking to get money for, you can help someone buy a goat to start their business
Anyway, it's kind of cool spin on charitable giving. For now, it appears that people do seem to be getting paid back, so it is working. I think most people treat their contribution as a charitable gift and tend to just reinvest their loan proceeds in other microloans, but you do have the option of taking the money back out once you have been repaid.

I know, I know, I'm way off topic here as this isn't even about making any money...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 484
Default

Yeah trust seems to be a big thing...

Whats to say someone just wont rip off the lenders? I take it this site pulls a credit report to generate the credit rating correct?

What system is in place to make sure people dont get ripped off other than the possible return of high interest? I know they pull straight from the borrowers bank account, but what if they never put any money in that account?

In turn I would assume "prosper" then reports to the borrowers credit report?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absentx View Post
Yeah trust seems to be a big thing...

Whats to say someone just wont rip off the lenders? I take it this site pulls a credit report to generate the credit rating correct?

What system is in place to make sure people dont get ripped off other than the possible return of high interest? I know they pull straight from the borrowers bank account, but what if they never put any money in that account?

In turn I would assume "prosper" then reports to the borrowers credit report?
They do report your credit and you can also assign a collection agency in case of a default. Your best bet is to mitigate risk by spreading out $50 and $100 loans, which is what I'm doing.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

A bit like stock trading

http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing....stingID=216530

Can I bid $100 @ 20% to keep her there?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0