Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

So I'm (always) brainstorming for new ideas to drive traffic to my affliate sites, right? I love the idea of branding poker chips with custom logos, urls, etc to get people to hold on to the chip and visit my sites. After reading the current thread about the custom chips I decided to brush off my thinking cap and my color printer and I made a run of 100 chips with one of my urls on it. What I did next was something I've never tried before but had the crazy idea to try it.

I went to my local t-shirt shop at the mall and had them make me a tshirt that reads:

Play Poker? Ask me for a FREE POKER CHIP!

I then filled two pockets with chips and went walking around a local bar that was hosting a free roll with about 60 players. I emptied my pockets in about an hour and already have FOUR signups just 48 hours later. One has already converted to a RMP

Just goes to show you that you don't always have to dress up like a pink bunny to make money B) I have to admit I felt kinda silly walking around in the shirt but I had several guys come to me and I walked up to several others as they would bust out of the tourney. If I get a few conversions out of it then I'm in good shape cause I have 1000's of chips that I bought in bulk back when I was giving away chip sets (I have long quit ago quit doing that, ask me why later) so these chips are now used exclusively to promote my sites.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Brilliant dude.........that is awesome. It is all a number game and the more exposure you get the better. I may try that at one of our local charity poker nights.......although a great deal of these guys are already under me.

I love talking poker so it just gives you a reason to meet new people and get players under you.

I know alot of people hate offline promotions, mainly the SEO gurus and web geniuses. And rightfully so, they don't need to promote this way, but if you are gonna dabble in offline stuff doing what your doing is the right way to go about it.

I would much rather do an offline promotion like the one your doing than put up a crappy banner farm that gets no traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2005, 06:24 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is online now
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 440
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

hey georgia how much do the chips sell for? which ones did u use? and what site were u promoting?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

I bought the chips from 5 Star Deal last year when they were running a special. I bought 100,00 chips from them with cases, cards, and dice. The funny thing I remember was that the shipment weighed something like 2 tons!!! Anyway, I paid 31.00 for each 500 chip set and they are your basic 11.5 gram composite chips. The cases are really junk and like I said, I stopped giving them away as promos for the most part so I'm using the ones I have left over as advertising outlets.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2005, 11:02 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 376
Default

I like the idea. congrats.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Webgator's Avatar
Webgator Webgator is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Georgia Poker@Jun 16 2005, 02:32 PM
After reading the current thread about the custom chips I decided to brush off my thinking cap and my color printer and I made a run of 100 chips with one of my urls on it.
Congrats on the success.

What did you print on to put on the chips? Blank sticker sheets?

Thanks!
__________________
Easy Poker Money - Tips, tricks, and techniques to get you in the money!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

Yeah, I used Avery brand labels but I don't have the model # here with me to give out. I'll post it later tonight when I get home. I may play with spraying some of the chips with a clear laquer to see if that makes them look "prettier"
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2005, 04:47 AM
bfuchs bfuchs is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 218
Send a message via AIM to bfuchs
Default

hey Georgia, thanks for the great idea. can you fill us in the details for instance amt of people there, time spent doing it, amount of chips given out, rmp and play money.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 AM
muchmoney muchmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 28
Default

Wow, this is a fantasitc idea, I'm getting my t-shirts and chips today!
__________________
I play Omaha because I can flop the nuts and have no outs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Atorvastatin Atorvastatin is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 63
Default

Might be a good idea to leave some of the chips in bar bathrooms, poker books sections at the bookstore etc. Someone is likely to pick up a spare poker chip laying around then maybe visit your site or sign up with your bonus code. Give it a shot.
__________________
BeaverPokerOnline

My Blog

The Bad Beat
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for SEO help! gooderpoker Search Engine Optimization 34 03-27-2007 05:18 PM
Cool Marketing Idea Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-21-2005 09:12 PM
Marketing Or Advertising Idea offline? ICISIC General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 09-18-2005 11:53 PM
Marketing idea feedback pokermonger General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-06-2005 08:07 PM
Great Marketing Idea tomysole General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 06-01-2005 09:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0