Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
zaghomat zaghomat is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Default average player rake

Anybody has some data on how much rake an average player generate? an afiliate manager et Everest poker told me it's 500$/lifetime on average.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,225
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

The average lifetime player rake (also known as player value) will vary substantially depending on the room. A room like PokerStars for example, will be exponentially higher than a small start-up site with no player liquidity.

$500 would seem very low for one of the top 5 rooms, and very high for a smaller room.

Also as an affiliate, you would need a very large sample size to get an accurate overall value.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
zaghomat zaghomat is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Everest is the 4th biggest independant room, but it's a relatively new room so their stats might not be accurate. Any stats on the major site?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Everest has been around 3+ years which isn't "new" in this business, nor is it one of the 2001 rooms. It's also neither the largest nor the smallest room. It may not be the most typical room, but in many ways it does seem like a good pick as an "average" room.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 117
Default

This tells me: go for CPA on the new rooms and MGR on the more established ones. Any opinions?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiankr View Post
This tells me: go for CPA on the new rooms and MGR on the more established ones. Any opinions?
Unless you expect to be out of the business in six months, you should go for what builds you stronger business relationships for the longterm with the cardrooms. In all cases this is to send players to cardrooms where it is plainly profitable for the cardroom.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default going MGR seems to build confidence IMHO

hi

not sure that other more experience affilaliate would agree but I now go for MGR everytime where I can

the way I look at it is I have no control over the quality of the players I might send - obviously with a room that you send a decent amount of players to on CPA they will know if your sending decent players (you wont) on MGR you both know

with CPA you get the money up front and the room is taking the risk not you - but speak to them

say look I'd rather share the risk and get to know you and work with you - so you treat me better - and we both win or lose together

I think for new affiliates just thinking about the biggest CPA you can get doesnt help to get the room onside

but doing CPA through PAW is a good solution - afaiks so long as the PAW average player value is good (and your not sending fraud players) then you benefit from the averaging of a bigger pool of stats

which is something a small / new affiliate doesnt have alone

in terms of average player value - that can be an average of some pretty extreme differences -

you'll get a few players happily raking $xxxx at one end and a hell of alot at the other who seem to be able to lose $50 -$100 making the absolute minimum rake possible like 50 cents (I mean I cant figure out how they could lose so efficiently but they do)

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
zaghomat zaghomat is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
Default

So for exemple, If Everest propose you a CPA of 200$ or a MGR of 25%, what would you choose?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 625
Default

Also, I have seen big swings in lifetime player value from players in different parts of the world, and even different countries.

For instance, I know Sunpoker has very high lifetime player values from certain countries and other countries have very low lifetime player values. I would also keep that in mind when you guys are marketing to different parts of the world or where you are targeting your advertising.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,506
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiankr View Post
This tells me: go for CPA on the new rooms and MGR on the more established ones. Any opinions?
I dont think your going to find you will do very well asking for CPA from the smaller rooms. For starters unless you have built a relationship with them they probably wont give you a second thought as I have experienced...if they do how quick are they to yank you off the progam when you can't do what they require.

I found the small rooms are less likely to give it to you unless they see your putting the effort into them. I asked for CPA from one room last winter...was turned down very quick with "we dont do CPA" and they dont I know that, I asked again the other night and we're discussing the details.

Do I want CPA for everyroom...no This one is different because it can be unpredictable if the players will stay or go. I could still lose out in the long run. I have seen some small rooms attract more players for me than others.

An example I leased pages to rooms to supplement income for advertising expenses. I agree to x amount of depositing players with min deposit for 3 mths or whatever. Yeah it seems like it can be a great deal, I get my money upfront and I work for them till our agreement is finished. I had more RMP at that room in two weeks than I had elsewhere. Your taking a risk and possibly losing out ...fortunatly with that room I was able to see the stats as if I was on MGR so I know not to take that deal again.

If I could there would be three rooms that I would take CPA, the others would be MGR.

Also want to add I think you should get to know the rooms as well and how player retention is and things like that before deciding. I immediatly jumped on CPA for Bodog and wish I didnt, and there a couple of others that I wish I wasn't in such a rush when I decided which program i was going to go with.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visible Player rake on tilt backend ICISIC FullTiltPoker.com 1 06-05-2007 01:24 PM
Earn up to 50% of rake per new player sign up! Lynch21 The Spam Forum 0 10-11-2006 05:32 PM
Check if a player is a real money player and belongs to you. bonusrobber PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 08-09-2006 06:24 PM
Does Tourney vig/rake count? BruinEric CelebPoker.com 3 01-14-2006 07:40 PM
How much is an average MGR player worth per month? FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-28-2005 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0