Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 PM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default Ultimate bets graphics

Please don't bash this thread too much, just wandering what other people think about the appearance of certain rooms table graphics. I realize many poeple just want to play cards, but surely there are some who have their favs and least favs...

My main point in this thread:
Ultimate bets table graphics suck in my opinion. I wish they'd update. They're in a way bigger need of an update than Absolute poker was. I might actually try playing there if they did this. And I'd make a ton of skins for them and actually be an affiliate for them. That may sound dumb or weird, but Ultimate bets table graphics is the reason i dont include them in my affiliate campaign. lol. I'm sure not everyone thinks like me, but when I downloaded it to play there a while back, i immediately closed out and uninstalled the software for this one reason. I would put 100 bucks to say many players think somewhat similarly and immediately write Ultimatebet off, and go play somewhere else because their virtual cardroom looks like crap. I don't quite understand how their website can look pretty nice, but their software...

I'm not sure if this thread is worth a crap, but does anyone agree or have any information on Ultimate bet changing sometime soon?

Best Poker Software in terms of appearance, in my opinion - Top 3

1. Fulltilt - Racetrack view - no avatars
2. Absolute Poker 8.0
3. Carbon Poker

(I like Pokerstars if i make my own table)

Worst Software in terms of appearance, in my opinion

1. Ultimate Bet - pitiful table graphics and colors, my design professor would crap his pants.
2. Bodog - many say its built for action and revolutionary, but its just weird to me...gives me a headache.
3. Any I-POKER table - I used to really like i-poker such as CD poker, just because of their jackpot sit n gos. Graphics didn't deter me from trying to get those jackpots but i did think they were pretty piss poor.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)

Last edited by addaminsane : 09-06-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Default

The table graphics at UB don't bother me too much, although I dont actually play there so that says a bit. I'm not a big fan of it, but other people like the camera view being more down toward the horizontal in a first-person perspective. Maybe it helps them get into the game. I dont think that the room is in any serious need of an update at the moment though.

However, it makes perfect sense for you not to promote them, if you site is based heavily on creating skins for popular poker rooms. If people visiting your site are interested in the graphics of the poker room so much that they would like a custom skin, they are not going to spend too long at a poker room with sub-standard graphics.

However, I disagree with putting Bodog at the bottom. There software is a little different I know, but I really like it and its great after you get used to it. Betfair on the other hand, that is more than worthy of being put in the bottom tier.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2007, 06:54 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,658
Default

I don't much care about graphics since it's all personal taste, but UB's fairly unique graphics have always been one of their more popular draws.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

I figured alot of people wouldn't care but i didnt expect to hear that their layout is one of their more popular draws. I figured it was more along the line of Phil Hellmuth, or Annie Duke.

Quote:
However, it makes perfect sense for you not to promote them, if you site is based heavily on creating skins for popular poker rooms. If people visiting your site are interested in the graphics of the poker room so much that they would like a custom skin, they are not going to spend too long at a poker room with sub-standard graphics.
This is somewhat true, but I can make graphics for many more rooms than I have so far, such as bodog or pokerstars, but just havn't wanted too. However, i really want to for ultimate bet and it pisses me off that I can't figure out which software file to edit! lol.

Anyways, i am really surprised to hear that you guys like UBs table graphics. I don't want to sound like Graphics are super duper important. But seriously, i've never played a hand at UB cuz I hate their cardroom, and thats the only reason... And you guys may disagree, but i firmly believe if UB were to update, they would get and keep more players.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 307
Default

I wouldnt say that I like UBs graphics, as I would much prefer to play at a room with a standard layout like Party, Full Tilt or Titan. But they don't seem to bother me too much, as the gameplay is pretty smooth and runs at a good pace.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

aha, thats all i needed "I would much prefer to play at a room with a standard layout like Party, Full Tilt or Titan" I think UBs graphics are hurting their room potential. Case and point.

By the way PokerBank, have been noticing your site for some good terms in the SERPs. congrats.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I think UB is fine. The fact that they have always maintained speed is what is important. Look at other sites that slow down on a consistent basis. Same as Titan I prefer it for game selection although I have issues with software.

I don't think IMO that a vast majority of players are there for the software as a main aspect of the game. You can have the best platform out there but if it's lacking other beneficial ingredients to make it a great site than the software becomes useless.
__________________

_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I like UB graphics. Dislike full tilt. Not keen on either lobby. Like ongame's lobby functions, graphics fine. Their connection is poor. Disconneced from UB a few times 2day which is rare, never had a problem with FT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-06-2007, 11:32 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 145
Default

I would like to see UB spend a tiny bit of the millions they make every month and update their software so we could see the last hand played displayed in graphics instead of the ice age text they show now. Thats pretty damn annoying and the main reason I don't play there much anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2007, 12:56 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

[quote=You can have the best platform out there but if it's lacking other beneficial ingredients to make it a great site than the software becomes useless.[/quote]

I agree, Im sayin ultimate bet is a good room, but their cardroom could look better. You don't have to have a ton of MB to look nice. Absolute for example has a simple 144kb jpg in their background that is further compressed into a .dat file. Fulltilts graphics are a tad bit heavy for being plain images. They have a bunch of png files which makes their cardroom a little heavy on ur pc or mac. Pokerstars has a pretty heavy cardroom, using a bunch of Bitmap image files, which generally are the biggest image files you can have.

I think bodog has the heaviest. They have a ton of images making up their simple looking platform.

Does pkr have play money? I kind of want to register and check out their software just for fun.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate Bet Update Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 03-19-2007 03:45 PM
Buncha BS from Ultimate Bet??? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 12-04-2006 10:26 AM
Looking for graphics dude or chick :) Holis Web Design Q&A 0 11-27-2006 10:13 PM
The Ultimate Affiliate Questionaire. chern900 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 10-28-2006 01:28 PM
Looking for partner - RE: small graphics and design Holis Web Design Q&A 1 09-25-2006 06:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0