News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

I seen a few people mention they have sites that are geared towards a specific groupd. Most of them seem to be local groupe, etc. I've been poundering that idea. I know how important content is to get repeat visitors, however I can see how a specialized site would attrack customers. It would be a lot of work to have many specialized sites with lots of content unless you use the same content and design template for all of them.

Anyone have multiple sites that have similar design schemes. Like the same set up with a different color scheme and banners? This would make it a lot easier to have specialized sites (say for college campuses, cities, etc) yet have updated content.

I've got a site that was designed to market to a specific discussion board and feel that I could change it rather easily to many other specialized sites.

Has anyone done similar or have comments?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2005, 06:53 AM
mongoose mongoose is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 52
Default

it's eary, pre-coffee, so i'm not sure exactly what you have in mind, but do keep in mind that the search engines frown upon duplicate content. if long term search engine rankings are not part of your plan, then, errr, nevermind.
__________________
some poker rules and little texas holdem strategy can sure be entertaining
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2005, 04:54 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mongoose@Feb 10 2005, 06:53 AM
it's eary, pre-coffee, so i'm not sure exactly what you have in mind, but do keep in mind that the search engines frown upon duplicate content. if long term search engine rankings are not part of your plan, then, errr, nevermind.
I really hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

My ideas around these "cloned sites" as I'm going to call them are for specific groups in which I think specialized promotions will return more real players then search engines. The groups I'm thinking might also have better offline marketing results then online.

Thanks again for the input. Thats exactly what I'm looking for since I'm a new affiliate.

Junkie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0