Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2007, 05:18 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 880
Default What would you do with $20k?

If you had $20k to invest in your webpage. What would you do? SEO, ads or something else?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 AM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 157
Default

I would probably hire someone for great webdesigning, and good authors for content. About 25% for SEO and advertisement.

But the best thing would be to create something new, if an idea came up.
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Links: | English to Portuguese Translations |
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 AM
SecretSauce SecretSauce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 37
Default

You didn't include nearly enough information in your OP for me to answer this. If others here already know about you and your site, ok ignore this...but without knowing anything about the site, your current marketing etc, its impossible to answer this question
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:06 AM
SecretSauce SecretSauce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 37
Default

Ok well you said in YOUR webpage. So if I were to put $20k into one of my sites, what would I do?

Hire one person full-time for SEO, another full time for design and spend whatever is leftover on marketing. Hopefully by the time the $20k is gone you have enough coming in from their efforts to keep his machine going. Rinse, repeat, retire.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
JohnH's Avatar
JohnH JohnH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 183
Default

I think you would have to be careful not to get conned out of any of that 20K. I would hire some kick ass writers until I could think of some kind of "out of the box" marketing idea. IMO, You can't go wrong with tons of quality content.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Articles
Heads Up Poker
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 197
Default

If I had 20K to put into one of my websites, I'd take a 3 month vacation.

Well, that's what I'd want to do, but that wasn't really a legitimate answer to your question is it? I would personally hire the most proven SEO company I could buy and have them go hog wild in a few area's. Really, once your site is up and looking good, what else is there except content and SEO? The content I can do, so I'd hire someone to help me find lot's of quality players.

Then I'd take a 3 month vacation.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,467
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
I would personally hire the most proven SEO company I could buy and have them go hog wild in a few area's. Really, once your site is up and looking good, what else is there except content and SEO? The content I can do, so I'd hire someone to help me find lot's of quality players.
I would do the same and with one person already in mind
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
mftpg mftpg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest, An Englishman Abroad
Posts: 91
Default

Think I'd take a different approach - with this much cash i'd hire a coder to make me a piece of poker software, set up a (generous) affiliate scheme and then sit on a beach while everyone else got me the sales...

Just need the idea for the software now.... hmmm.

Cheers, Mark
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2007, 04:09 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,230
Default

Buy 350 Shares of CROX
__________________
Poker Players see what Poker Rooms Allow USA Players , Find out How To Qualify For The 2008 Wsop And Get Your Pokerstars Bonus .Not From The USA Then Get The Top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Or If Your A Casino Player From The U.S. Find Out What Casinos Accept US Players , Affiliates See Our Casino And Affiliate Programs ......
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2007, 04:16 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 880
Default

I agree with you. I would go for 70% SEO and 30% ads.. Content can be done by the affiliate easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
If I had 20K to put into one of my websites, I'd take a 3 month vacation.

Well, that's what I'd want to do, but that wasn't really a legitimate answer to your question is it? I would personally hire the most proven SEO company I could buy and have them go hog wild in a few area's. Really, once your site is up and looking good, what else is there except content and SEO? The content I can do, so I'd hire someone to help me find lot's of quality players.

Then I'd take a 3 month vacation.

TheDonk
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0