Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Expectations of Poker Affiliate Departments

Last year I wrote an article about what AM's expect from us. So today, especially with all these programs having issues I decided to make a blog post about what we expect from them.

I really wanted to call out a handful of rooms, but didn't feel like dealing with the repercussions this week. Enjoy and please comment in the blog if you'd like to speak your mind anonymously.


Expectations of Affiliate Departments and Affiliate Managers
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,324
Default

I read it...and agree 100%...unfortunately it doesn't exist....can't understand why though!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,324
Default

One other thing that frustrates me....

Seems like a lot of AMs seem to think we have the contact info/emails of all the players we sign up! Most sign up through our bonus codes/trackers and we never hear/know about them again.

Isn't that what banners are for?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 835
Default

I wish all AMs would read that article..


__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

wow, that's a nice blog... can't stop reading Very well writen.
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Perfectly written Jeremy. Articles like this need to be written, read, and reread.

I think our segment of the industry need more affiliates turned AM's. I would never be as understanding as an AM if I wouldn't have started as an affiliate. I never segment my time on big affiliates or small affiliates, I am there for anyone almost 24 hours a day.

I have always tried to abide by the golden rule; when I was a small affiliate I would hate to be brushed aside and not responded to, so I would never do that to anyone else.

I think affiliate programs need to stop looking at affiliates as statistics, and more as partners.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

You hit the nail on the head with every point. Mark & Ellen seem to be in the minority of affiliate managers who take time out of their day to keep affiliates updated but I bet it saves them a lot of time answering the same themed e-mails. A little communication goes a long way in many respects.

Edit : Add Brendan to the list
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Agreed and nice article Jeremy as well as blog. I find for myself I have to wait with most AM's....some respond quickly and to be honest I would throw my Titan Am in there as well. He touches in with me on MSN once a week on a few things. It may not be needed quite as much but the fact that he makes that effort is great.

For an example of being brushed off...I sent out 4 emails each individually to my AM's to purchase direct buyins for a promo in a couple of months. I have yet to hear back from any one of them. These seats were going to be paid by myself. The emails were sent almost 2 weeks ago which in my honest opinon is now considered ignored in my books.
__________________

_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 257
Default

Great article Jeremy! Particularly liked the archive links - v funny.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 494
Default

Well written Jeremy. I agree that communication is the most important factor - honesty as always been high on my list of requirements for a succesful Affiliate Manager. It isoften not the easiest job, but you can still reply to and speak with all affiliates - big and small.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Poker affiliate Programs edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 05-27-2007 12:07 PM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0