| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 08-22-2007, 01:11 AM
|
|
www.aintluck.com
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
|
|
why cant more affiliate programs be like Carbon Poker?
I'm pretty new to the poker affiliate industry and havn't had a whole lot of good experiences with Affiliate managers. Chipleader is absolutely worthless in my mind. Fulltilt Poker will at least repond to you, but nothing spectacular. Bodog just blows in my opinion. Pokerstars, don't really know cuz i use PAW for them. However, Carbon Poker is my fav so far. Whats great is you hardly need an affiliate manager, or at least alot of things are already available to you. And carbon poker is converting like crazy. don't get a whole lot of traffic yet, had about 300 visitors per day the past two days, before that averaging 150 according to my stats. Anyways...Hardly any signups or none through the big dogs on my site. But Carbon Poker is converting really well. Might be the cool landing page they send players to. And they have basically all the tools you could want for tracking daily play. My question is, Why can't more affiliate programs be like this. Is it because the other ones are pretty established and don't really give a shat? Or what? Some programs are unappreciative, and unacceptable, i almost want to start a strike against them. Even Though Absolute Poker is my favorite place to actually play poker, I just want to do terrible things to them cuz of how they've been treating affiliates of late.
I wasn't a poker affiliate before the UIEGA so i don't have any clue how drastically it has changed alot of things. Under the UIEGA I almost want to sell my site and stick to information sites and adsense.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Last edited by addaminsane : 08-22-2007 at 01:16 AM.
|
 08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
|
|
Carbon AM's are great especially Ellen. She is one of the best to give you attention when it is needed, whether you are sending massive players or not. She is willing to work with you till you do.
Hopefully you can make your conversions into RMP's that stick....best of luck to you!
__________________
_______________________________
Gambling Directory
|
 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 257
|
|
If I had to say which affiliate program is the best, it would defo be PDC. Real-time stats are a real plus point - also 40% mgr and very quick response to any queries goes down very nicely. They deserve to be much bigger than they are - great program and software.
I'm dropping a couple of rooms this week and replacing them with some new rooms - not because I don't like the actual site or game play, but because their stats stink. 2 rooms in particular I KNOW are massaging the figures. Why should I work so hard to promote a site and get ripped off in return?
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
|
 08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 835
|
|
Have not promoted Carbon before but now I'll probably give them a try..
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
|
 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Interesting - Live stats are simple for a poker site to have - they calculate their player base rake to the penny - live time. very rarely a mistake is made. Some sites even removed live stats from their features. I can understand your frustration. Other than that, my mate was round last night. He left the kitchen window open. I woke up shivering this morning, thought I had the flu.
I dont think there is much point complaining about chipleader, it goes on deaf ears
|
 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
|
|
Affiliate Managers
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 607
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
Interesting - Live stats are simple for a poker site to have - they calculate their player base rake to the penny - live time.
|
not all the time. In the case of Sunpoker.com, they receive their poker files from the software provider, Cryptologic, the day after for previous day's activity. Then we must update that data on our affiliate platform. I wish it was real time, believe me.
Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
|
 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPoker.com
not all the time. In the case of Sunpoker.com, they receive their poker files from the software provider, Cryptologic, the day after for previous day's activity. Then we must update that data on our affiliate platform. I wish it was real time, believe me.
Mark
|
Yes, I can understand that, much like the PAW platform. Now we go back to a setup like ongame network. Hollywood poker started with live stats but since removed. Now it begs the question, when the software is in place initially.
Live stats help affiliates, not only for motivation but for banner placement. Sites chose to remove those options plus they have access to the pages that get hits which they will not disclose.
yeah, it must be a problem for those who bought a skin
|
 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notspot
If I had to say which affiliate program is the best, it would defo be PDC. Real-time stats are a real plus point - also 40% mgr and very quick response to any queries goes down very nicely. They deserve to be much bigger than they are - great program and software.
|
They do and I think if they were to make some changes with their line up it would be an amzing site to play on. For me it didn't work . Stats suck and anyone who actually did switch from PMP to an RMP never went back after the first deposit. There were a few who made some extra ones but they ended up dropping to.
You can only do so much before its time wasted. Real time stats are great but when there is nothing to look at....what good are they for!
__________________
_______________________________
Gambling Directory
|
 08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
|
|
www.aintluck.com
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
|
|
I don't quite understand "What good are they for" If i could choose between not having them and having them, I want to have them. What is the problem. Why do sites who've had them in the past remove them? Is it a big strain on their server?
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
|
 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,382
|
|
I think you misunderstood my comment. If the stats suck all the way around with the room than what is the point of having real time stats....so you can see how bad they are at any given time of the day.....lol
To be honest I could care less about having them in real time or not. I only check my rooms once a week now....I find you can easily lose way to much time looking at your stats
__________________
_______________________________
Gambling Directory
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.
|