Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Prenut Prenut is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 312
Default

I have been going to bookstores the last week putting cards in books, and also going to stores putting them near poker related merchandise. I tend to feel a bit creepy at times, and I am always looking around to make sure no one is watching me. Anyone else feel the same way? Anyone been busted putting them out?

It reminds me of my first days in poker promotions, when I admittedly was an online spammer. Spamming actually brought me about 10 RMP's a month, but felt quite sleazy doing it. Also, you have to walk on eggshells with the affiliate department if anyone reports you. Be honest guys, did anyone else get their start by spamming? At Empire alone I have 50 RMP's and another 125 play money accounts strictly from spam. As you see, spam conversion rates are also quite high.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Ex Croupier Ex Croupier is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 187
Default

Hey I know that feeling....


I have had it for several years... I used to feel bad when I told I promoted online casinos and gambling. A few times some companies has refused to do a voice over or design job for me online because they felt gambling was a sin...

I don't feel bad anymore gambling isn't any more bad then the crap television.. it is a form of entertainment and thanks god is is getting more accepted thanks to poker...

Now im all biz minded and focused...

When people ask me they can hear in my voice I am proud and the fact I am proud stops the crazy fbi alike questions!

Only took me 5 years to convice my friends and family what I do is just as important/usefull as their 9-5 crap jobs!

usually makes them stop arguing hehe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2005, 06:21 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex Croupier@Feb 9 2005, 06:41 PM
A few times some companies has refused to do a voice over or design job for me online because they felt gambling was a sin...
I had this happen to me today. I guess he was a recovering addicted gambler and didn't want to "impose" that on others. I guess I just have to respect his views.

What are some of the legal issues you have to worry about with offline spamming? Is there anything they can do about someone placing business cards in their products or in their bathrooms?

Junkie
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yea, they can tell you to stop, That's really about it. Your not breaking any laws.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Ex Croupier Ex Croupier is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy@Feb 11 2005, 10:23 AM
Yea, they can tell you to stop, That's really about it. Your not breaking any laws.
The bad boys of poker HEHEHE B)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Seasons of Offline Marketing Julia Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 0 08-04-2006 09:35 AM
Hey Jeremy, why not have an offline section? sportznuts General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-12-2006 02:21 PM
Offline vs. Online Conversion bfuchs General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-21-2005 05:09 AM
A post on offline marketing Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-09-2005 01:26 AM
Offline Promos Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-22-2005 04:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0