Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
GCPguy GCPguy is offline
Future Millionaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
Default Need feedback on this promo

My new site is getting quite a bit of traffic because of the WPT event at the Beau Rivage next month.

In order to build my membership base and get people talking about the site I wanted to do a big promotion and give away a seat to the WPT event.

My idea is to have players sign up at 'poker site-x' and compete for the seat via the most raked hands. If enough rake is generated at least one seat to the championship will be guaranteed. If not, I'll give away a seat to a smaller event.

My questions are:
1) Has anyone else tried anything similar with success?
2) In your opinion, which affiliate program would be best for such a promotion?
3) Are there any other suggestions you could make that might help me capitalize on the extra traffic?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Gulf Coast Poker
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 PM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Default

Wow, that's a hell of an idea. Really, a $10K buy-in event? Where do I sign up cuz I'm there man! I think a promo of this size is beyond my realm, but I think the key would be to have a guaranteed & great back up prize in case you don't generate enough revenue. Otherwise it could ultimately backfire on you and create some pissed off players. I would pick a room that gives you the highest MGR, and maybe see if you could work out some sort of special deal with the poker room. Maybe they could add a cool second & third prize? I dunno, just thinking aloud. Regardless, that's a ballsy great idea.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Jones Jones is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 29
Send a message via MSN to Jones
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
Wow, that's a hell of an idea. Really, a $10K buy-in event? Where do I sign up cuz I'm there man! I think a promo of this size is beyond my realm, but I think the key would be to have a guaranteed & great back up prize in case you don't generate enough revenue. Otherwise it could ultimately backfire on you and create some pissed off players. I would pick a room that gives you the highest MGR, and maybe see if you could work out some sort of special deal with the poker room. Maybe they could add a cool second & third prize? I dunno, just thinking aloud. Regardless, that's a ballsy great idea.

TheDonk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSOP Promo starts today - 8 seats a day! Jeremy Mansion.com 2 05-23-2007 06:42 PM
Feedback On Sitngopro.com pojax New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 11-21-2006 12:13 PM
Gaambol - my poker social network - feedback welcome gaambol New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 10-27-2006 12:28 PM
New forum start up promo ideas, feedback wanted aussiepoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-23-2006 06:18 PM
Free WSOP Seat Promo SuperPokerAffiliates SuperPokerAffiliates.com 2 06-23-2006 02:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0