Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

View Poll Results: Should We Remove the Spam Forum
Yes 35 72.92%
No 13 27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,038
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Should we remove the spam forum?

I really hate spam forums. I probably only go to PAW's spam forum once every few months, but today I was looking through it and I have to say it is rather repulsive.

I suppose it serves a purpose, but half the people that post in there don't bring any value or contributions to the site. They just come back and bump their shitty spam day after day.

I suppose since I never go there it doesn't matter to me. I'll let you guys vote and decide. If you feel strong about it either way, don't hesitate to speak up.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default it serves a purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I suppose it serves a purpose, but half the people that post in there don't bring any value or contributions to the site. .
Well, I always find it amusing, and somewhat interesting to see what others are hyping/flogging.

And it helps to contain it in one area....sort of like Graffiti walls.

And, someday, that *one* idea to make a million dollars might be stimulated by something someone sees in there.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default

It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but but if you do keep it, I'd disallow the whole category from your robots.txt file. That way there's no risk of search engine penalties for linking to spammy sites.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 110
Default

Never been there. No reason for it!
__________________
Poker Freerolls Online

Private Freeroll Leagues - Join our private leagues!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 786
Default

Get rid of it! There's no need for a Spam forum on a professional forum like PAW.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
I'd disallow the whole category from your robots.txt file. That way there's no risk of search engine penalties for linking to spammy sites.
Never been there so not fussed, but I agree with dbirider.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
Default

Never been in there but disallowing the robots might defeat the only purpose of having it.

I assumed people were post spam in there for seo reasons as surely no-one in their right mind would believe some of that stuff ? - would they ?
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

But wouldnt time be better spent making real posts with a link in sig vs spam
__________________
Selling VBSEO License and VBulletin License - PM for details
_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
But wouldnt time be better spent making real posts with a link in sig vs spam
Agreed 100%.
__________________
| AZGambler.com | Arizona's #1 Gambling Authority| "Under Construction"

--Click here for advertising on one of the Net's RISING Poker Blogs/Forums --
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2007, 08:01 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 517
Default

Give it the axe! I don't see any need for the spam forum on this site.
__________________
Poker RakeBack Offers - Stop throwing your money in the muck and start earning your rake back!

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guidelines for the Spam Forum Randy The Spam Forum 5 09-01-2007 09:55 AM
Register In My Forum! Spam! Spam you straight to Hell! addaminsane The Spam Forum 0 07-05-2007 11:59 PM
Buy ad space on DFP Forum (PR3) DonkeyFishPoker Buy & Sell Advertising 3 05-25-2007 02:54 PM
Forum spam bots hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 02-02-2007 11:07 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 07:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0