Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 197
Default Poker Transfers

I was thinking earlier, how is it that some poker rooms are happy to offer inter-account transfers whilst others are not? For example, Full Tilt and PokerStars both offer an inter-account transfer service whilst other big rooms like Bodog do not. In fact, if any one player tries to intentionally lose their chips to another, both accounts will be locked and the funds seized.

What benefits are there for rooms like FT and PS to allow such transfers? Are they happy to let their users use it as some sort of payment service? I could only think that this would cause problems and lose them more money if players deposit and transfer the money immediately and then it gets withdrawn, whilst FT or PS pay the neteller fees and such.

I was just becoming concerned about using FT and PS as methods of payment, and that they may be inclined to close the account it if it used in that respect. So essentially, why do FT and PS have inter-account transfers and what is there to gain from it?

Loads of questions I know, but thanks in advance for any replies.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM
PartyForFree PartyForFree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
Default

It's pretty basic. It's to allow people to transfer funds to their friend so they can play.

They won't let you just withdraw the funds you receive from a transfer. There are play through requirements, not unlike a cashout restricted bonus.

I won the UB $200 sunday tournament last year, but was splitting it with a buddy. I transfered him his half, and they wouldn't let him cash it out. He had to transfer it back to me and I cashed it out.
__________________
http://www.partyforfree.net
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 197
Default

Ive received account transfers on FT and cashed them out instantly on numerous occasions.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 07-02-2007, 11:23 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,132
Default

FT and Stars have no such restrictions, so long as the player who receives the funds have made a deposit in the past.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 07-02-2007, 11:37 PM
PartyForFree PartyForFree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
Default

Stars does. I had a friend transfer me $10K and they wouldn't let me cash it out. I got an email saying "we're not a financial institution, etc..."
__________________
http://www.partyforfree.net
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyForFree View Post
Stars does. I had a friend transfer me $10K and they wouldn't let me cash it out. I got an email saying "we're not a financial institution, etc..."
$10K could easily put you into a new category of security. I don't know this for fact, just trying to use some logic on the deal.

I think the whole idea of transfers is simply so a broke customer can continue to play. Now there are 2 players generating revenues from 1 source of funds. That's a good deal for the sites.

TheDonk



Since everyone puts their stuff here, here's my stuff: EveryBonusCode.com, bonuses and stuff I attempt to keep up to date.
BonusWinner.com - just a little guy.
ThePokerBonus - A domain name deserving of something better than what I've stuck there
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0