Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Im working on a new site and want to know where I can try some new blackhat technique's without getting into trouble and losing my account
Maybe we can get a list going for everyone's benefit....
|
Haha, just kidding Justin. Although if I didn't know you I would assume this was the plan.
This was actually discussed in depth at the last CAC. The problem is that the definition of blackhat, gray hat, and white hat are all pretty subjective.
For example, if you are sending 2 million emails or posting 5000 word press comments each day, this is obviously black hat. Some people would also consider using social media like digg and myspace to drive traffic or get backlinks as blackhat.
As you can see the two examples are like night and day though in terms of which is worse than the other. The general consensus from affiliate managers at the CAC was that as unless they are receiving complaints to their affiliate department, you will be fine.
If you're looking for a program that is 100% white hat and won't allow any form of blackhat, I don't think you will find one to be honest. Unfortunately I can tell you from experience and what I have seen; many programs will publicly denounce blackhat, but if you are sending an above average amount of real money players they will look the other way. With that said however, some programs are stricter than others.
Also it's always best to error on the side of caution and just ask the A.M. about their stance on specific campaigns.