Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:40 PM
guljo guljo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Default custom work or hiring profesionals

Are you in general building your sites by your own (and you have all knowledge you need) or you reather hire proffesionals who allready know everything?

The question is, if it is resonable to learn all about building web pages and so, or it is better to direct your energie in your general affilate ideas
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,993
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I think if you have the funds to outsource the work, it will save you a ton of time and frustration. Plus you can then start with a sharp nice looking site, versus a chopped up html frontpage disaster.

Of course if you have a web design background or a strong yearning to learn it, then by all means build it on your own.

Once I started outsourcing web design however and got away from building my own html, my affiliate business went to the next level. For each their own however as I know some here would disagree with me.

The hardest part about outsourcing is finding good reliable help however.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:16 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 291
Default

When I first started I intended to do everything by myself, web design included. I knew how to use frontpage and how everything worked, but I was evidently not a great web designer. When I made a thread asking for a review on the site I was helped to realise that my website was very poor in the looks department, which hurt my feelings. But at the end of the day getting a web designed professionally was one of the best decisions I made.

In the future I might look into improving my web design skills, but now for the time being I can keep building content without having to worry about improving the design. Which is great.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affiliate Business Management Software / Custom PHP & Site Development ArthurD Websites & Domains For Sale 9 04-17-2007 04:43 PM
Be Careful Who You Hire adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 03-21-2007 09:08 PM
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 07:10 AM
On hiring employees.. absentx General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 06-26-2006 08:56 PM
Custom Affiliate Deals at Titan Poker jschell The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 01-12-2006 04:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0