| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
|
|
Hello Guys,
I am 15 years old, rookie I know. I would like to advertise my Party Poker affiliate banner on any site that would be very cheap, or even offer a free trial to see how things go. Let me know of any sites that would be good to advertise on.
Thanks,
Eric
|
 05-31-2005, 08:11 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
|
|
hello ethomps. Any site that you can put a banner on that is cheap will be totaly worthless to you. Your best bet is to build a site, even if it's just a few pages to start and optimize and add to the site over time. I have bought traffic, bought banner ads and done PPC, but the guys making the good money are doing SEO and some here do offline stuff effectively.
__________________
Pokermonger
Online Slots
|
 05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
|
|
Ya, you aren't going to get anywhere fast with banner advertising cheap. You have to target your audience very highly for it to be effective.
dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
|
|
Thanks guys, I have no clue how to make a website. Is there any established websites out there. I am looking to spend about $1000.
|
 05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
|
|
Look into buying Microsoft Frontpage or Dreamweaver (Spelling?). If you can use Word, you can learn Frontpage. I think it costs around $100 to $150, hosting is available for less than $10 a month and a domain is less than $10. Then invest the money you save into some offline advertising. Read the marketing post pinned at the top of the forums for some ideas.
__________________
Pokermonger
Online Slots
|
 05-31-2005, 09:05 PM
|
|
|
Try blogger.com and do a Google search on "html tutorials".
I really don't think you're going to see a lot of success promoting online poker unless you try to develop some webmaster skills. I'm not saying that to be harsh, but affiliate programs like Party's are pretty much aimed at webmasters.
|
 05-31-2005, 09:07 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
|
|
Of course Randy is correct. When I started I knew nothing about HTML, and still know very little, but by using frontpage you can look at the code and I have learned some code from that.
__________________
Pokermonger
Online Slots
|
 05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7
|
|
dude, dont spend $1000 on a site. i had mine done for a fraction of that cost. check out my site for his work, pretty basic but i like it. im sure he would welcome the work.
__________________
BostonGambler.com
|
 05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
|
|
Dude Eric...you may remember me from a few months ago, maybe not.
MSN me...lets talk-
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.
|