Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Success with giving away free money

I am trying to think of ways to get more people depositing so I was considering the deposit so much play so many hands and recieve XX amount in return. Are these a good investment? I would love to hear both the positive and negative feedback about this type of promotion.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
haynesey haynesey is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
I am trying to think of ways to get more people depositing so I was considering the deposit so much play so many hands and recieve XX amount in return. Are these a good investment? I would love to hear both the positive and negative feedback about this type of promotion.
I have seen people do this, on rev share obviously. Normally i've seen it on FTP where you earn 30% of what they rake even before they deposit. I think the problem is getting the initial deposit. If they wanted to play at a site which you promoted, and had money to deposit, why would they need more enticing?
__________________
Poker Strategy
Pokerstars Review


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2007, 06:18 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

In most cases I think it's bad business these days. All you're goint to get is scammers and nothing else.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
yodiyanka yodiyanka is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default

It can attract scammers but it can also attract real new players. I think it depends on what you propose your players.

If what you plan is a "money back" scheme (where the player gets refunded directly) it will attract 95% of bonus hunters, but if you
offer them poker related products that enhance their will to deposit then it will better work.

For example what I would give away would be poker sponsorships at other rooms or casinos (maybe owned by the same group), poker books,... you can imagine a lot of things.

You will have to talk to the rooms to make an agreement with them, because they may think that this doesn't get them valuable players...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2007, 08:45 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
In most cases I think it's bad business these days. All you're goint to get is scammers and nothing else.
Maybe a dumb question but how do you get scammers if those players have to be tracked back to you? What about players who look for an extra incentive...yes possibly a bonus hunter but could they not turn into a real player and a loyal one at a that.

Just trying to understand it more thats all.

thanks for the advice
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:16 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

First you are going to deal with 1,000's of players saying they signed up and they want their money. You better have one hell of a tracking system. Second you are not going to be sending, in most cases, quality players to a site.

I did this for awhile and with a good CPA program you can make things work. You do need to be different than others though.

This is against most T&C's of the rooms so you risk not getting paid if theese players just play the minnimum hands and then take off. Any room will reserve the right to call them fraud players, because they are, and can refuse to pay you. But wait! You said you would give them all XX when they reached the minimum hands. Now the room won't pay you, but you can'y pay the players and no-one is happy.

Otherwise you do with MGR and it's just a rakeback program...

I know it seems frustrating right now and it would be so easy to give 1/2 your earnings away just for some earnings period.

There are much better things out there to do.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!


Last edited by losercore : 05-28-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:39 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

Let me just add this.

This was a common method for a lot affiliates years ago. It worked years ago because the poker rooms turned the other way a lot and did not care. Nowadays unless you are a select few (PSO, Savvy and a few others) you are not going to get away with it for long and will most lickley loose money and gain headaches.

Here is an example of something I did about 2 years. I offered 2 free poker books for ever new player a Titan that met the hand limits and i got a CPA for. With a negociated $200 CPA I figured this would be easy. I had tons of advertising and got this going well.

Within the first 3 months i had sent almost 75 RMP's to Titan (CP) and was paid. I then went through the awful task of figuring out the legit players form the ones that said the signed up. Titan does not give you personal information like most rooms don't and you are stuck with 75 players that you got paid for and 200 forms filled out that said they signed up and met the requirments.

Oops! That sucked. it was so hard to figure it all out that it was not worth it and I think some legit players got screwed and some scammers got 2 free poker books.

So I did it again with Party in a different way. Party always looked the otherway for this until now. That worked but Party held my money for 4 months while "Investigating" my payment.

Really it sucks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,176
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thanks for the reply, I wasnt planning on doing it without discussing and getting approved by an AM first. I see your point and was going to g at it with mgr not CPA...might need to some more thinking first.

Thanks Core!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
PartyForFree PartyForFree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
First you are going to deal with 1,000's of players saying they signed up and they want their money. You better have one hell of a tracking system. Second you are not going to be sending, in most cases, quality players to a site.

I did this for awhile and with a good CPA program you can make things work. You do need to be different than others though.

This is against most T&C's of the rooms so you risk not getting paid if theese players just play the minnimum hands and then take off. Any room will reserve the right to call them fraud players, because they are, and can refuse to pay you. But wait! You said you would give them all XX when they reached the minimum hands. Now the room won't pay you, but you can'y pay the players and no-one is happy.

Otherwise you do with MGR and it's just a rakeback program...

I know it seems frustrating right now and it would be so easy to give 1/2 your earnings away just for some earnings period.

There are much better things out there to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
Let me just add this.

This was a common method for a lot affiliates years ago. It worked years ago because the poker rooms turned the other way a lot and did not care. Nowadays unless you are a select few (PSO, Savvy and a few others) you are not going to get away with it for long and will most lickley loose money and gain headaches.

Here is an example of something I did about 2 years. I offered 2 free poker books for ever new player a Titan that met the hand limits and i got a CPA for. With a negociated $200 CPA I figured this would be easy. I had tons of advertising and got this going well.

Within the first 3 months i had sent almost 75 RMP's to Titan (CP) and was paid. I then went through the awful task of figuring out the legit players form the ones that said the signed up. Titan does not give you personal information like most rooms don't and you are stuck with 75 players that you got paid for and 200 forms filled out that said they signed up and met the requirments.

Oops! That sucked. it was so hard to figure it all out that it was not worth it and I think some legit players got screwed and some scammers got 2 free poker books.

So I did it again with Party in a different way. Party always looked the otherway for this until now. That worked but Party held my money for 4 months while "Investigating" my payment.

Really it sucks
No offence, but just because you couldn't figure out a way to make it work doesn't mean there isn't a way too. I personally believe that most problems are solvable.

First off, you can ask you AM at Titan to open up the players TTR ID's in their stats. I can see the activity of my players, on both CPA and MGR accounts. As for players saying they met the play requirements and didn't, again, this is an easy thing to do in a number of ways. If you have access to player stats with a unique identifier (player name, TTR ID, etc...) then technology can easily determine for you which players have met requirements.

If you're talking about a relatively small number of players like 75 over a few months, then simply ask your AM to confirm if these players did or did not qualify you for a payment.

Much of this will depend on the room you deal with.

We're going to be offering Stars for free gift promotions soon. Can you see your Stars players names in your stats? No. Is there a way to make this type of promotion work? For me, yes...there is.

I'm not saying kaus should or should not run with this type of promo, simply that there are ways to make most things work if you examine all the ways of doing something.

In my opinion, there are so many affiliates competing these days that incentive based promos really do sell well. I could go to your site and get a deposit bonus. Or I could go to PSO, my site, or others and get the same (sometimes better) deposit bonus AND a set of chips, or dvds, etc...
__________________
http://www.partyforfree.net
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-29-2007, 01:51 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodiyanka View Post
I think it depends on what you propose your players.
This is a very key line. You should know your players, and market to the different demographics. Really too much to go into - but for example if you have a bunch of beginner players, you can market to them by telling them two "must-read" poker books, giving reasons as to why they NEED these books. Then at the end of said article or webpage you state that they can get them free by playing at site XXX and generating $XXX in MGR or whatever.

Incentive based promos - if done well - can be very lucrative. However for every 1 person who does it well, 99 others will fail
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collect more of $3700 Free! freecash13 The Spam Forum 0 04-19-2007 04:55 AM
Many Free Cash Offers BonusDepot The Spam Forum 1 03-26-2007 01:45 PM
Free Cash Offers BonusDepot The Spam Forum 0 03-20-2007 01:30 PM
18 No Deposit Free Money Offers BonusDepot The Spam Forum 1 02-24-2007 02:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0