Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 05-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32
Default Incentives for casino play deduced from affiliate revenues

Example : PartyPoker issues a 10 $ bonus to all my players, so I get 1000 Dollars deduced from my MGR amount. Problem is, the players go play 5 or six games at casino, loose the money and that's it. There is no MGR generated that equals anything near the money I get deduced.
Now I have read the terms and conditions over and over again, but I can't find anything that gives them the right to do that.
If they want to make the players play casino games, allright ! But then they should give them the 10 Dollars from their money ! imho, this is just a scheme to redirect a part of the affiliates revenues into their own pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 05-14-2007, 10:49 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,119
Default

Poker.com did the same thingto me a few months back so its not just party
__________________
Poker Players from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players ,Maybe get the top Partypoker Bonuscode , or come by and see what Casinos Allow US Players . Come Read Some Poker Articles Or Get A Deposit Bonus At Pokerstars . Not A Player But An Affiliate Then Come See The Top Gambling Affiliate Programs .
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 786
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Thats pretty harsh. Everytime I seem to log into party I get an extra bonus. I tend to just throw it all on a tourney. If I win I might stay around. If I lose I tend to change sites next time I log in.

I would say that type of marketing might work with a minimum of at least a player point (any deposit) but the freebie method, i just see as a freebie & an excuse not to deposit.
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
[email protected] Kris@Poker.com is offline
No I don't work at PDC
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kris@Poker.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27offsuit.com View Post
Poker.com did the same thingto me a few months back so its not just party
No they didn't.... They used to take 40% when I was there - the equivalent of the % you earn, which makes perfect business sense. But taking 100% of the bonus amount is very tough.

Just like affiliate programs that take 100% of chargebacks, and poker programs that let casino negatives affect poker rake earnings, it's something you need to vote with your feet about.

If you don't like it, don't promote that room and send them a nice email to let them know why you are not promoting them. If we all did that, there'd be no programs with terms we don't like.
__________________
Poker | Online Gambling
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32
Default

Well I did protest against them using my money to lure people to Casino and such. Guess what their reaction was ... My reaction was to create an affiliate account at Full Tilt and Pacific right away.
But still, unless there would be an organized protest from more than one affiliate, the chance that they change their tactics are zero because of their arrogance...
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32
Default

I was in contact with Hemant (thanks Dirty John, for the mail adress) and threatened to stop marketing them unless they give me my money back and stop doing this in the future. I'll keep you posted on the response.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 32
Default

I was offered this : they stop deducing those bonuses from my revenues, but I will not get any casino or Black Jack revenues in the future. That's ok with me.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 374
Default In the long run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I was offered this : they stop deducing those bonuses from my revenues, but I will not get any casino or Black Jack revenues in the future. That's ok with me.
If your players are likely to spend any money/time playing in the casino or BJ, you are better off absorbing the free bonus costs. People *can* lose a lot more over the long run...if they will play those games.

But, if they are not likely to play much, then it is *great* that Party will give you the option of foregoing that income as a tradeoff.

Personally, I would want to reduce the variance of my earnings, and would not want one player to hit a lucky streak in the casino and eliminate all my MGR in one slot pull. (if that is the way it works)

Thanks for showing the power of speaking up, and that sometimes they *do* listen.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Great Places To Pick From Club USA Casino,Club EURO Casino,Club UK Casino Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 12 06-08-2007 03:42 AM
FREE PASSES AVAILABLE for CAC Las Vegas 2006 - Become a Sponsored Affiliate Digital Angel The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2006 09:50 AM
New PokerRoom affiliate program AceKicker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 03-22-2005 11:26 AM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 02:58 PM
Do you play with your affiliate profits Ben from Cali General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-21-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0