News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2005, 07:07 PM
stasther stasther is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 55
Default

First off I made a website - www.PartyPokerDeal.com If you guys could check it out and give me some feedback on it, that would be great.

I live in a college town, and I believe that college kids are the biggest fraction of online poker players right now. I was thinking about priting out some flyers and posting them on people's doors in some of the apartment complexes around town. One question I have is should I print up flyers for just PartyPoker.com with my affiliate code on it, or should I make a flyer for my website that I mention in the first line of the post?

Also do you guys have any suggestions about cheap ways I could get some sign ups in a college town?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2005, 08:21 PM
texignweb texignweb is offline
The Party Riches Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

I would go with putting PartyPokerDeal.com on the flyer.



If you are in Boulder, Colorado for example putting:

PartyPoker.com!!! The hottest online poker site for Colorado Buffaloes!!!

Bonus Code: GOBUFFS
25% Deposit Bonus for Colorado Students!

You could expect a greater outcome from that than your typical PartyPoker flyer.
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You also need to get approval from Party Poker (if you haven't already) to market their site using that domain name. It's in their terms and conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2005, 10:16 PM
texignweb texignweb is offline
The Party Riches Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

I thought if your using their name in the domain then they will automatically take it..no questions asked? Guess not.

On what conditions do they usually allow you to use "partypoker" in the domain?
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

From Party Poker's affiliate agreement:

3.10 Trademarks and Domain Names. As further clarification of your obligations under this Agreement, under Section 2.8 ("Fraud Traffic"), the reference to unauthorized use of trademarks includes your use any trademark, domain name or trade name which contains, is confusingly similar to or is comprised of the PARTYPOKER name and mark or any other name or mark owned by us or our affiliates ("Our Marks") without our prior written permission. In addition, the restrictions under Section 3.4 ("Competitive Marketing") include the use of Our Marks in connection with a website that includes links to a competitive gaming, gambling or casino site without our prior written approval of such links and manner of use. By way of example, but without limitation, you may not register or use PARTYPOKER in any position to the left of the top-level domain (e.g., .com, .net, .uk) and you may not make use of Our Marks on a website that includes links to a competitive website without our prior written permission. Your use of Our Marks is specifically limited to the use of pre-approved marketing materials for the sole purpose of directing Internet users to websites operated by us or our affiliates. You agree that all use by you of Our Marks inures to our sole benefit and that you will not obtain any rights in Our Marks as a result of such use. You also agree that you will not register any marks or names that contain, are confusingly similar to or are comprised of Our Marks, and that any such registration obtained by you shall be transferred to us upon demand.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would get written permission from my account manager before violating the terms and conditions of their affiliate agreement. Imagine your disappointment if you sign up a bunch of players then get denied your commission because you didn't follow the rules...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-24-2005, 12:47 AM
stasther stasther is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 55
Default

that last sentense of the contract quote is a killer...it may just be vague enough for me to need that permission...lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-24-2005, 02:33 AM
slowdive23 slowdive23 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upland, CA. USA
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to slowdive23
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stasther@May 23 2005, 07:07 PM
One question I have is should I print up flyers for just PartyPoker.com with my affiliate code on it, or should I make a flyer for my website that I mention in the first line of the post?

Also do you guys have any suggestions about cheap ways I could get some sign ups in a college town?
I too am aiming my marketing towards the college people, and have created a website so that people can know other students who are into poker.

I would say utilize the really nice fliers that PP gives to you for FREE. Put fliers in the college bookstore magazines. Make up a banner with your url and invite students to sign up for a Private multi table tourney (PLay money first). Party Poker will be glad to set this up for you.

My girlfriend made me a CD face cover design with my url. It is amazing. Hopefully Jeremy will post the pic I sent him up soon so you can see it soon.
__________________
<span style=\'color:blue\'>Don't tell us about Private Property, this is America!</span>

[email protected]

Protect you Poker Affiliate Empire today!

College Nuts for Poker!

Get your bonus codes on poker chips!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0