Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,001
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default Lasic ? Anyone have it done ?

Im going on may 10th to have my eyes lasered

Anyone else had it done ?
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Cake Poker Bonus Code | Las Vegas Webcams | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2007, 08:54 AM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Well worth the money hollis. Did it about four or five years ago. It will amaze you. My eyesight is still great
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,154
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

My mom did it, she loved it. She has to do it again in a couple years though, its not always perminant. But worth the money for sure!!!
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

I had it done about 12 years ago in Vancouver, B.C (for about $1300), when I was still living in Washington and the procedure still cost over 5k.

To this day, the single best thing I ever did for myself.
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

Damnit guys, now I have to get more serious about getting the procedure done. I'm a slave to astigmatism

Is it REALLY worth it? How does the procedure go? Should I be scared? What is the odds of having a "worst case scenario?"
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,154
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

http://www.allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/

a good start
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:48 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

My experience............

Had probs wearing contact lenses, conjuntivitus ( even good enough to get into medical books) I was so proud.

At the time they didnt do lazer treatment in my country, scotland, its not england, equivalent of calling canadians/american, only worse, at least we had wars about it. scotland/northern ireland/wales are the canadians of the UK.

Well due to my job at the time, it wasnt really appropriate to wear glasses but I could no longer wear contact lenses. With neither I would walk into walls. In saying that, in thosae days all the women i dated were georgous. When I got the treatment I realised out of my 4 girlfriends, one resembled a melted wellie (glesga lingo) one was my neighbours dog, one was a feminine looking guy with shaved legs , the other was worse.

So I had to travel to england to get my eyes done, they were sending me to Newcastle. Hotel paid out my fees. great party time, newcastle is brilliant. Out with my dad a few nights before im gettin the OP. Showed him the letter. Had to take someone with u. Explained to him, sorted my mate wullie, ive known all my life was gonna be there. dad not having that, he cancelled his work & told me he would go. No worries, my dads a party animal anyway.

Gets to newcastle the night before. Great night. Go into the operation the next day. sitting in the reception, they give you a valium. 30 min later im chatting up the receptionist, love the newcastle accent.

well I go into the operation, 30 secs on one eye, 20 secs on the other and its done. can smell the burnin, a bit like when you accidently put your hand on a burning cooker. They gave me a couple more vallium and told me to go straight home, take one when I go to bed, take another if I wake up. I left with a big pair of terminator shades.

My eyes were a bit gritty but nothin worth worrying about. My dad asked what the doc said, I told him it was fine. operation went perfect, lets go for a beer and pick up a few women. Doing fine until the 3rd pint, already had a few newki chicks on the go. Boom boom, eyes started runnin, the pain was killin me. lasted another couple of drinks and had 2 say. I cant see (probably my round, im such a tight azz). Well we left, my dad had to hold my hand to walk about a mile to my hotel, i couldnt open my eyes.
Back to the hotel, im irritable as fuck so I tell my dad to go out for a beer. Pain is driving me nuts. I eventually get a sleep & wake up with him snoring. Yeah fun w/end, so much for the partying. Next day I realised I forgot to take the other 2 valium.
The gritty eyes lasted about a week. A few days later, I was out on a night out. Generally fine but the focus was still going back and forward.
now at the time ther were 2 different types of lazer treatment.
PKR & LASIC
I took the cheap one, a grand cheaper for a week of pain, dam right. But it worked out the cheaper one was the better and safer one. Something to do with scar tissue & healing.
I dont know if you want to put this post into the spam section but if anyone wants me to take them on their eye treatment, I'll charge $15 an hour.

So advice to you Chris, make sure you can cope with your woman once your eyes are fixed & bring a trusted friend
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,221
Default

Ive been thinking of having it done , talked to a eye doc and to a few people who had it done .

If your going to do it go for the Intralase bladeless procedure , vision is much sharper

this is the one im going to have done , more expensive then the regualr lasik but from talking to a few people on each side its better
__________________
Poker Players see what Poker Rooms Allow USA Players , Find out How To Qualify For The 2008 Wsop And Get Your Pokerstars Bonus .Not From The USA Then Get The Top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Or If Your A Casino Player From The U.S. Find Out What Casinos Accept US Players , Affiliates See Our Casino And Affiliate Programs ......
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

27, the most painful is best & was cheaper at the at the time. the other had no pain and you were out that day feeling fine. Take the painful one & dont try to go out partying & make sure u take u take ur valium & it'll be a breeze
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

When it comes to your vision, money shouldn't even be an issue. Whatever is best for my vision is what I'd go with. Don't mess with the eyes for a couple of bills you won't be able to decipher when you're blind.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0