News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If I had a dollar for every one of these I get I would be a millionaire. Who actually falls for this shit?


Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a senator working in the nigeria congress and seeking your cooperation and assistance in receiving*
some funds for me for investments/partnership purpose overseas.The source of the fund was excesses
gotten from executed contracts between the period of 1999-2003,which had been moved out and
deposited with a security/finance company abroad as photographic materials.

For you* to help/assist me in receiving the funds and invest it into either real estate,buying of stocks/
shares,and going into a joint venture with you and your assosciates.I will let you have 30% of the US$35
million as long as you will be honest and open minded with me before,during and after the successful
conclusion of this transaction.

I do not know how business is done overseas/international.But there are many secured ways of doing
this which could be either of the following:

1. Pay the fund into your existing bank account.
2. Open a new bank account in a place of your choice.
3. Buy an offshore company and use/operate with it.
4. Buying stocks/inves in your company* (Go into a joint venture)
5. You take the funds as a loan at agreed interest rate.

If you have a more perfect way of doing this,do let me know,as i am open to advice.Please do get back
to me urgently and if you need more explanation.If you are willing to be my partner,then endeavour to
give me your home,office,cell and fax numbers,so that i will be able to get across to you at all times
considering our times zone

Please do get back to me on all of the above as i do not want/wish to lose this money.I shall provide for
you all the documents of the deposit with* the security/finance company,and raise a power of attorney to
enable you claim and receive this fund into your bank account as the new beneficiary.

My good friend, please for security reasons and for the success of this transaction,absolute confidentiality
must be observed at all time due to my position as a member of congress.Looking forward to a mutual
beneficiary relationship relationship with you soon.

For confidentiality purpose respond via my email below .


Yours Faithfully,

Honourable:Timothy Audu


Email:[email protected]
Email:[email protected]
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

mhdjsdfixtvujgdpsdabnyoahahbsnj
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2005, 05:41 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

I received that email a couple days ago. How ridiculous is that? I bet you some idiot falls actually falls for it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2005, 01:53 PM
smidey smidey is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 13
Send a message via AIM to smidey
Default

Actually...many people fall for it. I think the % they found was 1% response and then 1% of that actually sent money.

That's why you will continue to get these. Because they work.
__________________
<span style=\'color:red\'>Check out my HOT and SEXY Poker Babe at: http://www.onlyinnyc.com/A/index2.html</span>
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2005, 03:46 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Biggest reason this kind of thing works..............GREED!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Smidey,

Speaking of greed. I have some money in a company that hasn't gone public, yet. I've invested for over 5 years. They have been growing. They are looking to hook onto the American Stock Exchange within the next few months, not the Nasdaq, but better than nothing. The company is called 3001ad, a virtual reality company. What are the odds that companies like this actually "go public"? I know it's an all-or-nothing gamble, but I've seen this company grow over the years and it is very aggressive. What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 PM
smidey smidey is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 13
Send a message via AIM to smidey
Default

Well I sure do hope you know these people who run this company personally.

It looks like their annual sales are about $140K according to Hoover's which is pretty weak.

Chance of them being listed on Amex or NASDAQ with their current LLC being the single sole owner is slim to none.

There is also the high chance that if they have spoken about going public that someone is trying to convince them to do a reverse merger with a shell or a reverse merger with some other firm.

I don't like investing in these types of companies, unless I know someone there personally and he would be embarassed and ashamed of cheating me of my money.

The best thing to do is be careful. Chances are this company will never make it over the bulletin board or pink sheets and that can spell trouble.

The best investments are the ones where risk is proportional with benefit.

Ciao for now

Smidey
__________________
<span style=\'color:red\'>Check out my HOT and SEXY Poker Babe at: http://www.onlyinnyc.com/A/index2.html</span>
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Thanks for your reply. How did you get their annual sales? From Hoover, what's that?

I'm very curious. I have $25,000 invested. All they ever talk about is going public. If you have extra time on your hands their number is 1-800-605-6773 - I never know the right questions to ask - they are based in Florida. After reading your post I am a little nervous to say the least.

Thanks so much for responding. You really sound like you know what you're talking about. I just hope I haven't been swindled.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 PM
smidey smidey is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 13
Send a message via AIM to smidey
Default

For your sakes I hope not as well. I can be wrong so before I go any further, there is my disclaimer.

You asked - What's Hoover's?

Well check it out - www.hoovers.com - I have a Premium Membership that allows me to get specific information about companies I am searching into.

click here to get a dunn and bradstreet report ( i would if i had 25K invested in them)

Dunn and BradStreet Report


According to Hoover's 3001ad LLC located at:

1809 Garner Station Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27603-3644
Phone: 919-772-7696

Anyways, my point REALLY was that OBVIOUSLY many companies want to go public, and why not.

You do something called a reverse merger with a company which is ALREADY public and you buy out the shares and then offer new shares to the public.

In today's Stock Promotion Business, trust me, there's many ways to get your STOCK to a good level where your top shareholders are making good money.

However, REALISTICALLY, companies that go public or say they are going public and are doing it in an honesy way, will not be able to public on the AMEX or the NASDAQ because of the exchanges listing requirements, which makes it so only certain companies within a certain annual sales bracket range will have an oppty to go public.

I will do you the favor of calling in to 3001 AD on Monday morning and check back with you.


Enjoy the weekend for now

Smidey
__________________
<span style=\'color:red\'>Check out my HOT and SEXY Poker Babe at: http://www.onlyinnyc.com/A/index2.html</span>
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2005, 04:48 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Thanks. I shamefully admit I put everything I had into this company. I initially invested $10,000 about 5 years ago. In the last 5 years I have saved $15,000, and that's working at Domino's Pizza, paying child support, rent, bills. I dedicated a lot of focus and money to this company. I guess it has to do with greed. I'm just looking for a break.

I appreciate you looking into this for me. Thanks again. I look forward to hearing your next post. Take care.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0