I posted this also in another thread but I felt it would be good to post here as well.
Never underestimate the power of offline advertising. This is directly from my book and one of my more successful offline marketing campaigns that I did in Indy at a huge firefighter convention.
Quote:
One other unique but crazy thing I did was made up business cards that were also firefighter related with my Bonus Code on it and placed them on the urinals at all of the bars!* My friend thought this was crazy but WOW, this got me a great deal of exposure.* If I had to guess, this is what attributed to the most success of that weekend.* Think about it, when guys are at a bar they are certainly going to use the bathroom at least a few times throughout the evening.* I can tell you as a guy that when you’re standing at a urinal doing your business, there is really not much more to look at.* Now any firefighter who played poker even occasionally was certainly going to have their interest sparked and more than likely pick up a card.
* * The following week after this promotion I had 27 real money sign-ups at Party Poker.* Keep in mind though I had exposure to over a thousand firefighters.* As you can see promoting Party Poker offline is not rocket science.* It really comes down to thinking outside the box and trying new things.* I will go over niche marketing more in the online promotion section, but this is a MUST for offline marketing as well.
* * I love using the firefighter example because it shows that you need to focus on a certain niche and do things that are going to appeal to that niche.* If I had just placed banners and cards that said Party Poker on them around Indianapolis that weekend, most people would probably not have paid any attention. But because I had flames, fire trucks, cards, and cash on the fliers they tweaked the interest of firefighters, especially those who were poker players |