When I read the articles a few things stuck out at me. In each one, the "Wire Act" is mentioned..... This was written in 1961. I love how the U.S. government can interpret the 1961 law any way they want. The internet being included in the Wire Act has been a cause of debate ever since the evolution of online gaming.
Also, considering what has transpired in Antigua, does anyone else think the timing of this is just the U.S. trying to flex their tyrannical muscles by fining these huge international companies.
Furthermore, there is no doubt these companies could fight this. However both the DOJ and everyone else realizes that it is easier just to pony up the fine, and not have their name involved.
I swear, if the fu**** U.S. government were a publicly traded company in this country, half the idiots running it would be convicted and thrown in jail for multiple offenses.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|