View Single Post
  #1  
Old 12-16-2007, 12:48 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 220
Default I Am Legend, not too off-topic.

I just left the theatre, saw I Am Legend with Will Smith. I don't know how else to put it, and I'm not throwing the word around - Un Be Liev A Ble!

When the movie was over, half of the audience cheered and applauded - loudly. The other half sat there stunned. My wife, sister in law, and myself were pretty much speechless, it blew us all away. People often ruin movies by overly hyping them, but I'm 100% sure there is nothing I could do to ruin it for anyone, it's that good. So, how does this relate to poker?

After the movie was over, I said to my wife "if you were a filmmaker, wouldn't that just demoralize you, knowing that you'd never make a movie that was this good"? It occured to me that it was something for me to think about even as a webmaster. What moves people are things that are different, and more engaging. To create waves in an industry that is so saturated you have to do something genuinly creative. Wouldn't it be great to have a website that was so good that everyone who visited it told all their friends about it? How else are we going to pry the loyal visitors of the big sites to become as loyal at ours if all we offer is a weaker version of what they already get from another site?

Watch this movie, it really is remarkable. If it doesn't inspire you to do better, work harder, and think further outside the box, nothing will.

TheDonk
__________________
Complete Chan Poker Review and Bonus Information
My new poker bonus code site....76 pages done, 4 to go + some tinkering!
Reply With Quote