View Single Post
  #5  
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
Prenut Prenut is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 325
Default

I would without a doubt prefer it 2 clicks away with a category more specific to my website. This would be a user specific preference as to what kind of revenue one is building a site towards.

I build towards making affiliate revenue and improving my position in the serps for specific keywords, thus a more targeted page is beneficial to me. PR is extremely overrated when it comes to getting backlinks. If I am trying to get a better ranking for "full tilt review" then I would much rather have a link from another full tilt review page with a pr1 or pr2 than a link from a general poker page with pr4 or pr3.

However, some people (a couple people on paw come to mind) build sites towards a "selling links model" so they would probably prefer links from higher pr pages.

This sounds like a good article for someone to write. Building sites towards different revenue models - affiliate revenue, prepaid advertisements from gambling sites, or link selling. Money can be made following either model, but one best know which model they are pursuing before they begin to build a site.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote