Thread: Bar tournaments
View Single Post
  #5  
Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,474
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooderpoker View Post
Thnaks for that info.
I am from Canada, any one know the legal isues for live poker games?

I am in Ontario. We played weekly at the legion for almost a year, it was great we would go downstairs to the members area. Than we were told that we could no longer be able to play there because of the Ontario Lottery Gaming Commission regulates the gaming within this province, and unless the legion was to apply and recieve a license for gambling we would have to find somewhere else to go. * am I still bitter ...hell ya*

Anyway the license from my understanding isnt exactly cheap, plus they can deny you.

Just so you understand the legion was not taking anything from the pot, they were happy to have us there obv the bar sales. The OLGC does not care if there is a rake/fee taken or not. They are only concerned about the permit that sits on the wall.

So for the last 6 mths now I have 15+ people at my house every Monday night for cards
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote