View Single Post
  #15  
Old 11-20-2007, 11:14 PM
lifeofsportsdotcom lifeofsportsdotcom is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East Coast of Canada
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to lifeofsportsdotcom
Default

We have had mix talks on this with numerous lawyers and I feel very good about this business we are all in. A partner Poker site of ours who is publicly traded have spent over 20k with this lawyer in the past 90 days and came to the following conclusion: The Canadian Government are doing nothing about poker anytime soon so they are full steam ahead in Canada. They are our partner again this year on our Canadian College Poker Championship so if there was a worry I think they would have backed off with this deal.

If you notice The Score and TSN Sportsnet plays of the week are both sponsored by Gaming Sites (888 and Stars) I think 90% of the corporate offices for Poker Sites are in Canada as well.

I'm really not worried about this at all.

Two really European based focused sites have approached us in the past two weeks about different deals and partnerships to come after the Canadian market so I don't think we are in great jeopardy
__________________
www.lifeofsports.com
"Home of the Canadian College Poker Championship"

www.collegepokerlife.com
"Home of the North American College Poker Championship"

http://ukpokeruniversity.com/ukupc/
"Home of the United Kingdom University Poker Championship"
Reply With Quote