View Single Post
  #2  
Old 11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Mosey Mosey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Default

I am not sure that the "sign up 50 friends" is really a "scam" in the sense that you are promising X and not delivering. It is more of a "bending the rules and being unethical."

I mean the agreement was "send us people they deposit X and get Y points and we give you $75" now, they are doing that. I am sure there are other rules and that is why the managers are clamping down. (It is pretty obvious that everyone plays the same games, at the same time and stops at the same time).

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see banned CC numbers and higher points minimums as a result (which is a problem for the legit guys).

I can certainly see why they do it. a $75 bounty and costing/paying your friends $50 is a fairly nice profit and times 50 people is a grand a month or so. That's not chump change for most people for a couple of hours and an IM list.
Reply With Quote