
I also thought about using a newer room so less players would already have an account there.
Using the landbased tourneys as qualifiers for later online vents is a good advice. My idea for the offline events was to offer 10-player tables for a 10€ buyin and having the table winners play a final tournament (offline) later in the evening, where the prizes would be seats in major online tournaments.
This way, players can play as many tables as they want. So I could award the first three of each table with a buyin in an online tourney to convert them.
But the main idea is this : I am going to organize two separate leagues in two neighbouring cities who have a traditional rivalry. Tournament results go into a database and ranking. Best ten players of each league will go into a "city vs city" final, with some nice prices again. I will talk to the regional TV station, chances are good that they'll broadcast the final live.
Has anyone ever tried to make it mandatory for the offline players to join an online room and deposit ?
|