View Single Post
  #13  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 413
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
The UIGEA was a crushing blow to Harrahs, MGM, Venetian, etc. who stay up nights crying over the hundreds of millions of profits they are missing out on. But then the Republicans got crushed shortly thereafter, and several of the leading presidential candidates are far more libertarian or gambling-friendly, so the whole thing has spun around.

I disagree with PKing though. It's only a matter of time before one of the big casinos opens a new online entity or buys one of the public gambling companies like PartyGaming. There are still hundreds of millions to be made outside the US.
I am not sure if this will go down exactly, but I definetelly could see one of the larger land based casinos buying a majority share in a PartyGaming/888 etc.
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote