View Single Post
  #1  
Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,437
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Benefits of linking structure and URL

I am working on something and need to make sure of a few things before I make final plans and would appreciate the help on this one. I am basically trying to make sure that what I plan on doing will provide a benefit to those that I link to


If I was to link out a page to someone using a URL that was descriptive of the websites name instead of keywords or whatever can this still be of use to the site I am linking to in that page?

For example say it was a website about dogs and the title of the company was Macy's Pooch Services instead of using www.mysite.com/dog-services i would be www.mysite.com/dogs/macys-pooch-services....will this still provide just as much benefit to that person who is using that page for links.

How many clicks from the homepage does the link need to be before it starts to lose value to that site or does it?

thank you
__________________


Reply With Quote