View Single Post
  #9  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 AM
ramchip ramchip is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 124
Default

Looks dated and it's difficult to read. The lines need to be spaced out more if such a small font is going to be used.

As for the advice I only had time to read one article which was a begginers guide to position. The artle was overly wordy and not very clear at all.

Here's a quote

Quote:
Your position at the poker table is constantly changing relative to the position of the dealer, which moves around the table to the next player in an anticlockwise direction after each hand

I always thought the button moved clockwise. If I came across a site that had even basic stuff wrong then I wouldn't place much trust in the rest of it.

Thought judging on just one read was a little harsh so I read another on pot odds. Here's another quote.

Quote:
Your flush has approximately a 1 in 4 chance of hitting on the river

On the turn a flush draw as a 9 in 46 which is about a 1 in 5 chance to hit on the river this converts to pot odds of approx 4 to 1. So he's almost right but he's using the wrong terminology.


The above comments were from a very respected player from EMS. I think the owner of the site has been very brave to allow my members to review his site and I'm sure if he takes these comments onboard his site will be much better for it.
__________________
www.eatmystack.co.uk
www.stakeashark.com
Absolute Cheats!
Reply With Quote