View Single Post
  #4  
Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I think the idea of a poker section is great. But if they won't do that I would set up a poker league of some sort for this company. Then I would build a splash page on another domain like thatwebsitepokerleague.com

Make the page very simple and easy to understand with dates, times, and sign-up instructions. Then incorporate some sort of easy to use leaderboard software.

Now all you have to do is ask them for a sticky in their forum and a banner or two to promote it.

Then if you really want top capitalize, sign them up for the PAW affiliate program, negotiate a good deal for them. Oh and of course make 5% of the revenue yourself for referring them.

Regardless of if you were to use PAW or not, that is what I would do in terms of monetizing that much traffic in that demographic. And I agree with Pking, that much traffic makes every inch of space on their pages expensive real estate.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote