View Single Post
  #3  
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 245
Default

As Kaus said most advice you get is great - there are some very generous people out there sharing their knowledge....but....

I was once told that google sees 'name' / 'target' tags (you know, where you put a link on a page to a specific portion of a page as a quick shortcut) as a separate page and so it will consider any page where you've used it as duplicate content.

eg: href="thispage.html" would be seen as a different URL to href="thispage#thisimportantbit", so G would think there are 2 versions of 'thispage', hence dup. content.

I got into a real tizz about it 'cos I use them really often. Spent hours researching it and ending up posting on the google webmaster boards. Needless to say - it's complete rubbish.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote