View Single Post
  #10  
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I can only speak for PokerNews as I know all these deals. I would say a large % of our business is CPA driven. For smaller rooms we will usually only take CPA deals. This is because we can send large volumes of players and essentially we are helping the room build the brand as well as contributing to the overall rooms liquidity. However we also know that the player values will not be as high, which keeps us from doing long term rev. share.

We do however have either hybrid deals or straight rev. share deals with a couple of the bigger rooms that have proven to have good long term player values and retention.

I don't necessarily think one is better than the other. I think it really depends on each individual affiliate.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote