View Single Post
  #26  
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,054
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

This is a very interesting post and a topic that has been discussed several times before. Personally I am doubtful as well that anything will be legalized in the next 6 months.

Regarding Google, I doubt they would even want to get involved. But if they did, there is no way they are going to skew search results.

Now, for affiliates. Even if Las Vegas got involved, they would be smarter to buy out a site like PartyPoker that already has a player base and a huge network of marketers. In regards to affiliates, I think any consultant would tell them they are idiots if they think they can become an industry leader without leveraging some type of affiliate scheme.

As poker affiliates we are a large a group, but still just a small % of the amount of total affiliates worldwide. Can you imagine the perception in the general affiliate arena if all of the sudden online gaming became legal. If the major affiliate networks like CJ.com started promoting online gaming, the market would become much larger very quickly.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote