The future is always unknown no matter what we do.

My point is just that there is no reason to think that poker will be treated any differently from any other online industry, and every online industry I can think of has affiliate programs and affiliates. I think revshare and rakeback will disappear though, and CPA will become the standard affiliate model for poker. (In the event of legalization.)
I don't think Barry Greenstein is right about any kind of six month estimate either. That sounds like purely made-up, headline-getting stuff to me, but we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
I wonder how much money Barry would wager on this at even odds?
I honestly can't think of a number I wouldn't wager against the 6 month figure. But I would probably stop at 20k.
I think there is momentum for a Congress vote but no way does Bush sign something legalizing gambling.
I sort of differ from you Randy. I think it is unknown and anything unknown is inherently bad IMO. I am not saying you aren't right I am just saying no one knows.
I also think the current poker rooms will be able to compete. There are many things to this, maybe a will detail them in a future blog. I do think lobbying every state would be cumbersome and that is one reason I don't see the big boys joining the fight.
|