Another Tax Question
Hey guys,
So I have finally decided that I really need to start reporting my income to Revenue Canada. My knowledge of the whole "tax thing" is very limited, basically all I know is that you pay them in April.....
I have kept mediocre stats of what I have made for income and what my expenses have been. So I decided to make one big spread sheet that I would present to a potential accountant. But as soon as I started to crunch some numbers I was flabbergasted; how the hell do I start this?
What threw me off is that I bought into a partnership about a year ago. So, I thought I'll just write that amount in as a start up cost, but then realized that I recorded mostly everything in US funds!
My question is, what is the best way to present and record your information to an accountant? How accurate do you need to be with the government, in terms of making money from site to site, or just include all your income from advertising, affiliate pay etc. How do you deal with the exchange rates? Would I be better off registering a small business or just record it as personal income......
And basically any more insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Last edited by Aidan : 10-31-2007 at 05:50 AM.
|