As online video technology improves there will be a huge push to get shows online. Many of the main networks already offer their episodes on their website. I think it's a good opportunity for tv watchers and advertisers to come to a good middle ground. I think it would be interesting if users filled out a short survey and were only showed ads geared towards them. I would gladly sit through some ads if it meant I didn't have to see those god awful "This is Our Country" truck ads 10 times per hour.
The one thing that is disappointing about Hulu is the lack of series archives. I think it would be amazing if there were a database of all the old episodes of good TV shows. How many viewers is Lost missing out on because new people have no clue whats going on?
Overall it looks like it's going to be a pretty cool online service.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
|