View Single Post
  #1  
Old 10-25-2007, 03:02 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 629
Default Scary Times Here in Southern CA

Here in San Diego we're going through the worst firestorm of our county's history. Over 500,000 people have been evacuated as of today and almost 2,000 homes have been lost. I know that there are a couple of fires up north near LA but I believe those are almost contained. Our worst fires aren't even 20% contained yet. It's just awful.

My wife and I are doing fine and we haven't needed needed to evacuate our new house thus far. The same goes for our family in the area. However, we're less than a couple of miles from the burn area and we can occasionally see flames out of the window. Needless to say, we haven't been getting too much sleep. Take a look at this Google map to see how huge these fires are: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...8ac31fe3357571

If I'm slow to respond with e-mails or messages, that's why. It's been tough to keep my attention on business this week. If you can spare a prayer, send it our way. If you have family in the area you might want to make sure they're okay.
Reply With Quote