View Single Post
  #45  
Old 10-23-2007, 04:56 PM
ramchip ramchip is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
Nobody is talking about honesty or dishonesty. I think it goes without saying that being honest with people is the right thing to do. All I've been trying to say is that as of today, there's already a ton of information out there for people. To be done talking about it isn't being dishonest. Once a topic has been run through the ringer a thousand times, you have to let it go. For the sake of our business, I think we need to recognize that that time has come and we should start focusing our attention on more positive topics. If there is some sort of new and truly 'newsworthy' revelation that comes out, report it. But to continue to rehash the same dead horse just to get it on the top of your homepage and to try to convince people that you are there to 'protect' them is the wrong reason for an article IMO. You may find that you Ram, benefit from rehashing this since you own a 'potripper' based website, but for the sake of the rest of industry, it's time to put this to rest. Report facts that come out, but rumors and spin articles are doing a disservice to the industry as a whole.

Honestly, I didn't realize that you owned potripper.co.uk. until you mentioned it a few posts ago. Now I understand why you want to keep this on the forefront. You benefit from this making the headlines every day, which IMO is a bottom feeder way of doing things, and very short sighted. You aren't trying to be noble and honest, you're just worried that in another week or so, your hits will plummet. Isn't that what's 'honest' here?
Most poker players don't even know what is happening at Absolute as very few read forums. To be honest I think everybody should know about it hence the reason why I purchased potripper. I already have one of the biggest poker sites in the UK so I don't really care if potripper dies in a few weeks.

I don't think you understand what is going on at Absolute and I'm not rehashing the story, the story is growing everyday and is not being reported by the major poker news sites.

Also Potripper.co.uk is getting crazy traffic so surely this proves that people want to know what's going on.

There will always be those who stick there head in the sand and wish it will all blow over as soon as possible but I'm sorry to say this story is much bigger than that!
Reply With Quote