Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk
You can choose to promote any room you want, nothing is wrong with that Ram. But, the idea that because you pulled them from your site somehow makes your players any safer is false. Your players are no safer signing up at any other room. Do you know if FTP is going to get hit with something similar tomorrow? No. Doyles? No. Anywhere else? No, and all you're doing is giving people a false sense of security that you Ram, Leader of All Players Whom That of Which are Good are somehow 'protecting' them, which you are not. The truth is, you don't know when, or what site will get hit next. We all find this stuff out after the fact. Now that everyone and their brother knows about it, AP is probably the most secure (ironically), but you're making sure to protect people from.....?
|
In many ways I agree with you. It is possible though that if management is involved Absolute could be in big trouble. I have many players who play high stakes and I feel I had to let them know. What if Absolute goes down the pan (I know this is unlikely) but you never know.
As a good example earlier this year I found out that a small poker room I was promoting was going to be taken over. I asked the existing owner if my members funds would be safe as I had around 50 players with over 10K in the site. He said that for a period of a week my players might not be able to withdraw funds although he guaranteed that there money would be safe.
I thought about this overnight and emailed every player with money in the site what was going to happen and over 8K was withdrawn. I also told the manager of the site that I had to be honest and tell my players what was going to happen.
I can't tell you have much respect I earned from my players simply by being honest and I have found that is always the best way to deal with people.
We all run our businesses in different ways and as I have said I understand those that are still promoting absolute.
Each to their own. Can we agree to disagree?