View Single Post
  #15  
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 AM
ramchip ramchip is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post
Lol, of everything I said, you chose to pick on my math. Truthfully, you just wanted to argue with me, so that's what you picked isn't it?

Do you know exactly how many people play online poker in the world? They say there's something like 20 million in this country alone. So let's say 100 million worldwide, or 50 million - who gives a shit!? You missed the whole point. The point is that 1 player in a 'shitload' was personally affected. When people write these articles, do they ever mention that the percentage of people affected was absolutely miniscule? They never do, and so readers make these things out to be much more than they actually are.

Do you really think this is worth the poisoning of millions of players? How much of the industry do you want to destroy over this? Let's take something that affected .00001% of the people who play online poker, and see if we can destroy 10% of the market - brilliant idea!

Really, before you reply, think about what I'm saying. Don't just argue for the sake of arguing.
I'm not arguing for the sake of it. It has been proved that Potripper played in at least 1 mtt and cheated. There are strong rumours that cheating has taken place on the cash tables although Absolute have not addressed this yet although the evidence is damming. There are more rumours that this could have been happening for up to 3 years and and the total amount "stolen" is over $7,000,000.

As I have said I believe long term this will be good for online poker as sites will have to prove they are more secure which will give the industry more respect.

It is up to you if you continue to promote Absolute and for those that do I understand and I have stated why I will not be promoting them until the investigations are complete.
Reply With Quote