View Single Post
  #14  
Old 10-23-2007, 06:20 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramchip View Post
I suggest you check you facts as 1 in 10 million is miles out. I think long term that the Absolute Fiasco will be good for online poker as sites will have to spend more time and effort proving that their systems are secure.
Lol, of everything I said, you chose to pick on my math. Truthfully, you just wanted to argue with me, so that's what you picked isn't it?

Do you know exactly how many people play online poker in the world? They say there's something like 20 million in this country alone. So let's say 100 million worldwide, or 50 million - who gives a shit!? You missed the whole point. The point is that 1 player in a 'shitload' was personally affected. When people write these articles, do they ever mention that the percentage of people affected was absolutely miniscule? They never do, and so readers make these things out to be much more than they actually are.

Do you really think this is worth the poisoning of millions of players? How much of the industry do you want to destroy over this? Let's take something that affected .00001% of the people who play online poker, and see if we can destroy 10% of the market - brilliant idea!

Really, before you reply, think about what I'm saying. Don't just argue for the sake of arguing.
Reply With Quote