View Single Post
  #1  
Old 10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 46
Default Newbie Question about selling Ad Space

I've finally gotten to the point where I'm comfortable selling some ad space on my site. I'm happy with the design, getting some content out there, and still working on SEO (slowly but surely!).

I'm selling some ad space - banners on the web site and print/electronic ads in my newsletter. I'm lost when it comes to pricing. Any suggestions of how to price the banner ads? Here's what I've got so far. I make around $25 per month with the AdSense links, so I priced the banners from there. Here are my basic traffic stats (I have a niche market!)

1500-3000 visits per month (~5000 page loads/month)
750 uniques / month
3.5 pages/visit
45% direct traffic
39% from search engines
15% from referring sites

between 90-95% of my traffic is from the state of Michigan (my target market!)

I think the banners may be under-priced since they sold out fast - I only have 2 left to sell...

Let me know what you think! Feedback on other aspects of the site are greatly appreciated too!
__________________
Putting buns in Seats
Promoting Charity Poker in Michigan
Michele
http://www.UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote