View Single Post
  #22  
Old 10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
Jeremy,

I don't understand why you are giving credibility to the posistion that a poker room can just drop an affiliate that is on MGR if that affiliate no longer promotes the room anymore. That is absolute garbage and violates the terms of just about every affiliate program out there. If absolute were to take such a step, I think they would blow any chance of a reconciliation with the affiliate community. Note this is a fairly unbiased opinion as I don't have any MGR accounts at Absolute, but I think we need to be clear as a community that we hold the poker rooms to a strict standard when it comes to payment. I don't think suggesting that a room can just stop paying an MGR affiliate on a whim is appropriate. Do you want to be associated with a room that you think would do this?

That said, I think there might be some middle ground here. What about leaving the Absolute trackers active for those that are already using them but not make them avaiable for new PAW affiliates? That way webmasters that want to continue promoting absolute can continue to do so but PAW is not actively promoting AP. I would suggest the removal of AP be a temporary ban with the expectation that it will be put back online when confidence in the program has been restored. If you are still worried about retaliation from Absolute at that point, then I don't think that is a program you want PAW to be working with anyway.
Good post, both points.
Reply With Quote