Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Let's be honest, it's too late for an audit.
Damage has been done, cleaned and stowed away, an audit will just be looking at software that has been cleaned up and fixed.
|
No I don't agree, I think they've already screwed up a lot of what could have been cleaned up be they guilty or innocent.. and i think the timing for the audit is poor.
They are accused of 1. a breech in security - 2. In House cheating.
Both software and or employee issues, the guilty guy is gone correct? They should
Expose all those other guys involved. (the usernames mentioned, but yet to be named.) (this one's tricky, because if they don't prove involvement, there will certainly be lawsuits.)
Next they should fire anyone involved in security of the site, software and private info.
Then they need to hire, the biggest bestest and baddest security team they can get.
After that they just someone with a good name, hire them on, get them to parrot that they were wrong, it's fixed, their security is now an industry example of what security should be as a result.
'Bad things happen, there are bad people in the world, they sometimes cheat, they didn't get away with it, because Absolute Poker wouldn't allow those types of things... Look at all we did..'
Then - they can bother with the audit, showing the world that things are indeed once again all nice, safe and secure over at AP.
Problem is it's not getting any earlier, and the 2 'we're innocent' statements released thus far can only hurt any future efforts. Those two statements could have been pure and simple denial, 'I have a good team, I built them myself, I myself didn't believe it could be possible... but they don't exactly have an eternity to work it out.